Sign in to follow this  
Jamie

How can I improve my chances of becoming a Moderator?

Hi all,

I decided to put together this thread to give you some indication on what exactly we look for in new moderators. Have you been applying multiple times but getting nowhere? Then this thread is most definitely for you.

So how can I improve my chances?

♦ Be active on the server.

♦ Be active on the forums, by this I do not mean spam. Make constructive posts.

♦ Do not be a douchebag. You'll be surprised on how much this works in your favour!

♦ Do not bum-lick or beg other admins. Most of us hate bum-lickers, so don't do it!

♦ Have an intro post lieing somewhere on these forums.

♦ Put real effort into your app. Don't just follow the template, go into detail by adding extra stuff and remind us a bit about yourself and why you want this position!

♦ Don't just apply because you get turned on by power, apply because you actually want to help the community. You will be surprised on how we notice such things.

♦ Don't rage if you do not get admin at the time you apply, there's always next time so be patient!

♦ And finally... INTEGRATE WITH THE COMMUNITY. I can't stress this enough, this is what crashes most applicants as they only play the server. Although server activity is good, we would like to see you guys more on teamspeak etc, whether it just be to muck around or play games with others - don't worry we don't bite!

By doing this, it gives us the impression that you have a good sense of community, since when you become a mod you are expected to be outgoing.

I hope this helps, best of luck whenever the applications are open!