Sign in to follow this  
Skeff

ba_jail_soar

It feels the only real way to rebel is to just run off . The vent is so easy for CTs to watch and running off poses a problem. The map has long strips of ground with little cover. It is very open compared to maps with smaller corridors and doors. It is very easy for CTs to hunt fugitive Ts. Just a thought, maybe there could be another option other than running away to find a gun? Canyondam and Minecraft party do this well.

Just a thought, maybe there could be another option other than running away to find a gun?

The other option is a small map that Ts can easily corner and knife CTs which I've always hated. I've always enjoyed the bigger maps which a second armour or area with guns such as trainingcamp, sand, outbreak day. Although my next map will be smaller.

Beta 2

Here are a few of the updates:

Information buttons and signs are dotted about the map.

There are new textures and props to help gameplay.

There are new textures to improve general look.

Guard towers only have 1 scout and have doors.

Button delays have been removed.

Disco lights and music has been updated.

Moving obstacle has been tweaked and pimped out.

Pool has had general improvements.

Minefield now has more fences around it.

Armoury now has a CT button on the outside and gives players armour.

Climb textures have been changed.

Outside wall has been changed to stop a lighting glitch.

Football goals have been widened and the football should respond more.

The second armoury now requires multiple people to access it, this allows it to be a war day armoury.

Many doors have been updated to stop spam.

Many windows have been reduced in size.

There are still a few issues I have such as props not loading but I shall fix them for the final version of the map.

If you have any issues with the map please report them here.

And please leave all feedback here.

Map available on game banana: http://csgo.gamebanana.com/maps/183710

More screenshots on game banana

549f1910c8670.jpg

Just a thought, maybe there could be another option other than running away to find a gun?

The other option is a small map that Ts can easily corner and knife CTs which I've always hated. I've always enjoyed the bigger maps which a second armour or area with guns such as trainingcamp, sand, outbreak day. Although my next map will be smaller.

I guess I'll see how it plays with the new update. I understand where you are coming from though.

So I know I released this a while back but it's only just been put on the server, so I wanted to get some feedback. Anything you think about the map should be posted here.

In particular I'd like to know about FPS you get, if you're crashing at any moment, any glitches with the games (Moving obstacle is known), any game play issues or anything else that needs changing.

If you played the first beta can you mention the differences between the map, has it improved or is there anything you preferred before?

Annoucement: New Soar

Hi everyone, Soar has been on the server for quite a while and although it's not the most popular map I've been quite happy with the balance it has, Ts can rebel and CTs can command and it can be enjoyable.

A while back various people asked me if I was going to make a 3rd beta for the map, I looked at what needed fixing but I felt fixing the current issues wouldn't make me happy. So I decided I wanted to try mixing up the map a bit to encourage players to visit more areas of the map and hopefully have more variety in JB rounds. So I took the basic layout of the map and redesigned it quite a bit. I've posted some images on the first post in this thread if you want to check out what it looks like, however for the sneaky players I'm hoping to keep the new layout a bit of a surprise for people who play.

I will be seeing if I can test it with some OB members before letting it live on the server so that should be fun :)

Skeff

I have requested that this map be added to the server, hopefully it will be soon.

Can you leave any feedback about the new layout, the new games, the new textures, the new models, etc.

If there is any bug with the map please can you let me know, I think moving obby may be buggy but there isn't too much I can do about that.

I'll probably be fixing some things and adding some secrets to help balance the map out a bit, I expect it to be rather CT sided at the start but hopefully it can be balanced.

Announcement

As part of OBs rebrand I wanted a map to add some new assets to so I took the opportunity to make some changes to soar. The map has been given new textures and various updated areas. Images and a file download are available on game banana. Hopefully it shall be on the server soon so you'll be able to actually play it in a jailbreak environment.

6 hours ago, Skeff said:

Announcement

As part of OBs rebrand I wanted a map to add some new assets to so I took the opportunity to make some changes to soar. The map has been given new textures and various updated areas. Images and a file download are available on game banana. Hopefully it shall be on the server soon so you'll be able to actually play it in a jailbreak environment.

I quite like the new map. I absolutely love the new climb and talent area! Just a few issues / things I didn't like:

WHAT IS THAT. Also plant in background casting unnatural shadow on wall.

7f82545660964d93b47965c3b67d8889.png

Red light from the vent seems to be clipping through the ground :/

4dea478fefa04fae8d42fe3b8d6da5f4.png

The ground texture around minefield area seem quite out of place and unpleasant compared to the rest of the map

cf17c1b878ff4fd7a7301020a082c61f.png

I found it quite difficult to complete black and yellow. It seemed to teleport me randomly in tight corners when I wasn't moving at all? Could be just me being retarded...

Also mind changing up the arsenal in the armory? I feel like a lot of people would appreciate a cheeky AK unless you want it to fit the whole CT arsenal theme...

Edited by Twiixtor

Thanks for the awesome feedback Twiix.

• The theatre floor issue looks like I left a block clipping through the floor, I should be able to fix that up soon. I'm a little unsure about that plants shadow but it could be worth checking out.
  • I don't really mind the light coming from the vent, it gives you an idea of where it is.
  • I agree, that top texture isn't great, I'll look into using something else.
  • Black and Yellow hasn't changed since the original map so there is no additional reason why you should struggling playing it.
  • And the armoury was designed with CTs in mind, I understand people like the AK but I didn't want to add it when I created that armoury.

After having a quick looks through of the map, I'm really liking the way it looks, and it seems like there's quite a bit more to do. I can't wait to see it on the server.

I have a few suggestions, that I think could help improve the map:

- I would make the vent one way into armory, because at the current time, a CT can rush straight down the vent at the beginning of a round, and just wipe anyone out, because they get into the vent at a similar time. This makes the vent somewhat redundant when coming up against a competent CT. 

- I'm unsure if the commands on the outbreak server will make this different, but the Football seems to move too slowly, therefore making the matches way too slow and boring, and you become temporarily stuck inside the ball if it rolls over your feet. 

- I feel like it's a bit pointless making break floor do 25 damage, because you re-spawn in the same place each time, and when the block underneath this is gone it just throws you against the floor over and over again until you die. I'd just get it to instantly kill you personally.

Apart from that this map seems really solid and I can't wait to see what people do with it on the server.

14 hours ago, Twiixtor said:

I found it quite difficult to complete black and yellow. It seemed to teleport me randomly in tight corners when I wasn't moving at all? Could be just me being retarded...

Black and Yellow didn't seem too different to before, and I didn't really find any problems.