Sign in to follow this  
Major Chaos

Overwatch

Right now I think the game is actually really balanced. Not having any problems with Widow makers, although a good one can be annoying, but that's with every hero when played right.

Atm everything has it's counters and that way everything is OP in a way. On top of that there is always a way to counter your counters, either by switching hero or outplaying the shit out of your opponent.

Only thing that bothers me sometimes is that Torbjorns raw damage output (without turret) is higher than McCree's. Still not OP though, just easy to forget about.

Yeah but Torjborn can't freeze you in place lol

I imagine Widow becomes more of a problem the higher you are up in MMR, as that's where the good ones who can carry a team climb.
This comment from a reddit thread sounds about right:

Widowmaker is stronger than the AWP. The AWP is an incredibly powerful gun in CSGO, unlike in Overwatch, it's actually balanced rather well. The biggest downside to the AWP is that it's an incredible investment that has to be made. Look at a team like Envyus, if they're doing poorly they will occasionally throw KennyS an awp even at the expense of one of their riflers having a rifle, and forcing them on an armor pistol round.

And if Kenny doesn't make that investment worth it, they lose the round, and not only do they not have the awp, they just have an incredibly expensive weapon over to the enemy team. That's a 10000 dollar gold swing, or to put it in perspective, that's four rounds of money for a single person.

So why is Widowmaker stronger than the AWP? Because there is no investment, you don't have to play for a certain amount of time before you can get a widowmaker. You don't have to gimp a player in rounds where you can't afford a widowmaker. And above all else, when you take a widowmaker out, you don't gain a widowmaker on your team instantly. You just have 15-20 seconds of downtime where your entire team isn't fearful of a singular hero that for some reason can do the highest amount of damage in the game, give wallhacks for the entire team, and if ran at (like one of the most common strategies against an awper is to overpower them to take them out quickly) can switch to a fucking rifle that does decent amounts of damage.

Alright, fair point about Widow, but same goes for the other team... and still doesnt weigh up to the fact that you can play around her easily imo. I can think of numerous things that counter her.

Sony dont tell me you have troubles with Mei being OP, because I am going to lose it if people keep saying that. EVERYONE HAS THEIR COUNTERS. Nothing and everything is OP imo. I just hope Blizzard realises that releasing new characters can indirectly buff/nerf others.

I just hope I can start playing competitively soon, so I can actually see all (un)balanced aspects of the game.

Mei is perfectly fine, you don't instantly die to her and have a chance to fight back lol
Yes all characters have their counters, but that doesn't mean one character can't be more powerful than others

Blizzard have already said they're nerfing McRee and they're having a good look at Widowmaker, do you disagree with the devs?

Edited by SonyTwan

In my opinion I think they should actually get rid of Widows secondary fire and make it more of an in accurate no scope (kinda like the AWP in CSGO) when she is not zoomed in. So if she is in close quarters she may get the kill but has to be lucky. 

It is honestly bs that she can have a sniper and a machine gun fire for secondary. I believe it would make widows play a lot safer and also make it easier for other players at close quarters.

Edited by Major Chaos

I dont disagree with devs, it's just that I dont have any problems atm with anything in the game.

WM's secondary is already next to useless. I think her jump animation/hitbox could change a little, because when you jump you make your hitbox about 50% of the normal one which makes her hard to hit.

Again, for me it is rock, paper, scissors atm.

New update

Brief translation:

• McCree

• Alternate fire
      • Damage decrease from 70 to 45
      • Time before reloading decrease from 0.75 seconds to 0.3 seconds (Probably reverse patch formthis)
  • WidowMaker

• Alternate fire (Snipe)
      • Base damage decrease from 15 to 12 (damage multiplier from charging doesn't change)
      • Headshot damage multiplier increase from x2 to x2.5
      • Player can only re-enter "sniping mode" after the "exit snipe mode" animation finish
    • Infra-Sight (Ult)
      • Ultimate charge cost increased by 10%
  • Bug Fixed

• Improve custom game "High bandwidth Mode" stability
    • Mercy will no longer charge her ult if her right click target is shooting shield or ice wall
    • Reaper will no longer teleport to weird places
    • Fix some bugs in Dorado (Should include the Symmetra one)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4o1uiv/overwatch_patch_notes_june_14_2016/

Happy that mccree and widowmaker are a bit nerfed. 

Edited by w33zy

All of this about nerfing mccree and widow, but honestly mei is the one i hate the most. A medium range weapon that you have to aim for 1.5 seconds to freeze someone for 2 seconds.

Along with her fast firing ice buttplugs make her as annoying as can be. Also if she ever starts losing in a 1v1 all she has to do is press shift and after she comes out of it to add salt to injury she can just wall you off

and run away. 

Mccree and widow getting nerfed was nice and all, but mei will always be my true pain in the ass. Blizzard fix game plez.

They just announced the new Sniper Healer - Ana Amari. Thoughts?

Here's her Origins trailer. She's Farrah's mommy who was a hero and then got shot in the eye by Widowmaker and is now back to fuck shit up.

Link to her kit is here

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/heroes/ana/

Kit explained in words:

Ana's primary weapon is her Biotic Rifle. The gun fires long-range darts that heal her allies and deal damage to her foes. She's also equipped with a Biotic Grenade. As seen in her debut gameplay video above, Ana's Biotic Grenade, like her rifle, heals teammates and damages enemies caught in its small area of effect. For a brief period, the grenade also boosts all incoming healing for allies and prevents enemies from being healed — bad news for opposing Roadhog and Soldier: 76 players.

She'll also be armed with a Sleep Dart, which can knock enemies unconscious for a brief period. As seen in the above, expect many an ultimate ability to be summarily shut down by quick-thinking Ana players.

Ana's own ultimate, Nano Boost, sees her fire a dart at an ally and grant them faster movement, increased damage and improved resistance to incoming attacks.

Edited by IrishChamp

Overwatch PTR (Public Test Realm) has launched. Playable from any region but hosted in America. Kinda like the PBE from LoL.

Ana is live on PTR, it's a 6GB download for me.

My interpretation of patch notes:

• The overtime bar thingy now goes faster after 20s of overtime. Respawn rates during overtime increased by 2s - Seems like they wanted to stop teams hanging on overtime for ages.
  • Only one hero per team in comp (no 6 winstons anymore)
  • Self-healing abilities now charge ultimates, so they slightly increased the amount of charge needed for a few people.
  • D.Va got her shield changed to a Right mouse button toggle ability with a charge/resource. Takes 10s to fully charge and lasts 4s from fully charged. Also her ult cost got reduced, explosion time from 4 ---> 3 seconds. Ult no longer damages her. D.VA BUFFS
  • McGree gets a tiny buff cause they made him shit. Does normal damage at long distance, but small at extreme. (Was small at both)
  • Mercy's damage boost got changed 30%-50%, but you can't stack Mercy damage boosts anymore. Her ult costs 30% more (obvious change tbh, took 1 min to fully charge) but you can now move directly after using it. No being stuck on the spot for 2s and dying because you had to ress someone.
  • Roadhog got his ultimate price increased by 45%, which I think is a nerf even with the self healing abilities charging your ult now. We'll have to see how it plays.
  • Soldier: 76 got a tiny nerf basically making it take a bit longer for his recoil/spread to reset.
  • ZENYATTA BUFFS. Now has 200hp (50hp 150shield). Projectile speed for orbs gone x4 (30 to 120). Movement speed in ult is double that of normal and ult heals are now 300 per second up from 200. I'd say this buffs will bring him into the competitive scene.
  • Some UI QOL improvements, bug fixes, and that's a wrap folks.

Leave any thoughts on these changes below, want to hear what you guys think.

Imo - D.VA feels fantastic now, the defense matrix might actually be broken with how well it can absorb ults. She's better than winston.

Zenyatta is now much more openly competitive, he'll be used more often for sure, really great balance work done by them. 

Ana is.. pretty balanced. Her abilities are cool, and they definitely need to do something about multiple speed buffs stacking. (diminishing returns would work nicely.) She's just too squishy, no mobility, no real form of escape. She'll be good and hopefully played competitively, she might be outdone by other heros tho.

McCree is back, and actually feels like they intended him to be (mid - long range brawler).

Mercy damage buff was so unnecessary, need to watch out for discord + damage buff wombo combo because it'll fucking melt you. Other changes were all fine with me.

Gz Blizz, actually like the first moba ever to release a non-op new character in your game. Gj with balancing. <3

Edited by Tiny