Sign in to follow this  
Quake

!voteswap ?

I was thinking about a way to fix the ratio on JB when a mod isn't on and i was thinking about a !voteswap command where t's could vote to swap a ct and i know this could be abused and swap ct's who are actually helping but if there is some way around this it would be a great command

Hello Quake, the biggest problem i see with this sort of command is that it will just get abused. 

Example - Unseen is on CT's and enjoying his time playing, JayDog and Substick decided it will be funny to troll him by starting a  !voteswap train. Unseen gets swapped to T's when he wasn't really doing anything wrong and leaves the server never to be seen (Come on substick, that was a 10/10 unseen joke) again, 

The easiest way to deal with problem CT's is to contact a member of OB Staff, we are always happy to help. Even better our Mod apps are currently open, we are taking on even more mods, this means mods should be seen on the server alot more now! 

Just add the !guard function, this is so easy to fix, yet people are so scared that we introduce a plugin from another server, I mentioned this a while a go and had no response whatsoever from an admin.

We've got a plugin and I've already written a post on it: 

Edit: Idk why but I felt like this sounded too aggressive, it wasn't meant in that way :), just a strong opinion.

Edited by Cereal

19 hours ago, Cereal said:

Just add the !guard function, this is so easy to fix, yet people are so scared that we introduce a plugin from another server, I mentioned this a while a go and had no response whatsoever from an admin.

We've got a plugin and I've already written a post on it: 

Edit: Idk why but I felt like this sounded too aggressive, it wasn't meant in that way :), just a strong opinion.

I actually really like the !guard plugin (although if that is the one where it includes the auto-warden, maybe that isn't so good), it solves quite a few problems. Firstly, as has been clearly stated, the ratio. There are going to be times where mods just aren't available, possibly during events or whatnot, and a plugin that keeps the teams balanced helps with this perfectly. Second, something I believe I've seen although is not too easy to prove, is mods swapping people based off of who they know and aspects of that sort. Yes, it may be helpful to keep these people on CT as it means some experienced players are going to be helping the CTs, but it also means regulars can pretty frequently get denied from going CT if they really want to try it. The "first come first serve" works quite well, meaning your standing in the community wont whether or not you can be CT, and put together with the "being unable to command more than 2 maps in a row if others are willing to command" rule, I think it could quite nicely allow everyone to get their chance to command.

Yes, plugins may not be the most used on OB as compared to other servers, but as Cereal has said, we shouldn't be afraid to use them. A lot of them could help the server in a good way, although admittedly some should just never be used (+grab+hook?).

In the past we've tended to make this a member/donation benefit, which is great and gives us a little bit of power. Unfortunately when votes can get stacked, either by getting friends onto the server to stack it or with low numbers of players on the server, when voting takes a certain period of time and when most members/donors have admins/mods on their friends list it is much easier to get an admin/mod online.

What about when all the mods are offline? Whilst this can be an issue there usually aren't many players on at that time and the effort into sorting that out is far greater than just allowing it to happen for such a short period of time.