Sign in to follow this  
Raw

Hold The Fort! - Results

HOLD THE FORT - RESULTS

The cure has been created and the infection is all over now! Only the strongest teams that shown their class in combat recieve rewards.

The teams: 

Spoiler

Team 1

Gunstar

Kriss

Sovman

Vemix

Designated Retard

Team 2

Strogglok

Nik

Oldmike

Hobbsyy

Endoftheend (Not able to claim prizes due to afk)

Team 3

Irishchamp

Thunder

Danny

Cereal

Vectric

Team 4

Robert

Jamie

Gaffer

Skill

Quake

Team 5

Unseen

Weezy

Pasickle

GingerPopper

Penguin

First round:

Points are based on the amount of time the team was able to defend against the zombies.

Team 1: 65 points

Team 2: 40 points

Team 3: 55 points

Team 4: 60 points

Team 5: 65 points

Second round:

Points are based on the amount of time the team was able to hold the site, increased by a mutiplier based on the amount of teammates that made it to the safe zone.

Team 1: 65 points

Team 2: 120 points

Team 3: 65 points

Team 4: 0 points

Team 5: 0 points (No points due to cheating)

What brings up the grand total of....

Team 2: 160 points

Congratulations! You will recieve 800 credits each and the OB Champ tag. Message me, Pepe or Substick for the credits and an admin for the OB Champ tag.

Team 1: 130 points

You will recieve 200 credits each. Message me, Pepe or Substick for the credits.

Team 3: 120 points

Team 5: 65 points

Team 4: 60 points

We hoped you enjoyed the event. Thanks for attending the event!

Edited by Raw

I thought that the event was alright, only thing that could've been better was the organisation on the speed boost of map 2 as it made it a little unfair. But hay I shouldn't complain since we won. Well played team 2. (nice cheat Weezy)

Gonna add on to Irishchimp's post:

When I signed up I thought to myself 'another zombie event? Seems like it's probably going to be something different this time'. The trailer (which wasn't really a trailer) was made to hype this up somewhat. However, this event was simply sub-par. 

It seems like you went for the story based approach, some events do this and others do not. So for one, I would of expected to see a bit more emphasis on building the event around the story. This did not happen. The first map, the cts were defending some pointless room til the death, for what reason exactly? This did not add up at all. There was no versatility in the defence of this room either, just a vent where you NEEDED to sit otherwise you would get anally raped from both sides. Nothing more needs to be said about the first round, it was really stale and quite frankly a disappointment. Second map was a bit better, but not by much. It wasn't that much different to the first map, just instead of defending a room (which I might add, had a bit more versatility due to props but not by much) you had to leg it to the exit. Meh. When the event finished, the story ended with 'yay we are cured woohoo'. ?????

This is the first event where I have heard more than one person say publicly over ingame comms: 'this event is shit'. Yeah, it's rude and unnecessary but it's honestly the first time I have heard it being said. I really hate to admit this I really do, but it's the first event in a while where after like 2 rounds I wanted to alt tab and browse reddit/youtube/twitch until it was our go.

It's impossible to offer improvements for this event because it's difficult to see where you intended to go with it in the first place, but the next event(s) need to have more thought put into it. Put yourself in the shoes of the people playing the event. Regardless i'll offer what I can:

Zombie skins. Even setting the atmosphere would make us feel a little bit immersed. You'll be surprised on how much this shit matters to some people.
The hosts. If you're going to write up a story, please make sure you have someone who can actually write one well. 'woohoo we found da cure wot ov it xD' is a classic example of this.
Don't add stuff half way through. The speed, some rules etc. BE VERY CLEAR IF YOU ARE GOING TO ADD STUFF.

To the hosts: I don't mean to sound rude or overly-critical in this post, but this needed to be addressed. We as a community really appreciate mods/admins putting work into running these events, I know how much of a pain it is trust me. But this needed more thought, end of.

To the people sugar coating: If you didn't enjoy the event, make it known. Sugar coating and saying it was fun won't help anyone improve for next time.

I'm sad because I wasn't part of this one, sorry for not telling the hosts that I wasn't going to be there but I was really busy and ended up forgetting about it. Still I posted on the admin away thread so I hope it wasn't an issue :halo: