Sign in to follow this  
Ekitai_Hebi

The Monster

Hey guys,

Im planning on building my monster pc in a couple months time figured i'd share the end result and see if you guys have any suggestions!

Budget is around $2100

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/wrm3tJ

Still kinda torn between sli 1070's or a single 1080.

Will also get 4k monitor down the line.

Let me know what you guys think!

Edited by Ekitai_Hebi

Single 1080 is more than enough to max ultra in every game on the market with stable fps at 1080p

In 4k it's capable of doing it too, battlefront/battlefield for example runs stable at like 40fps in 4k but badly optimised games like ark/just cause 3 will struggle with a single 1080 in 4k. But those games blow anyway (i dont imagine the difference will even be noticeable with sli 1070 anyway)

edit: not sure how well that 650w will handle maybe someone else will have a better idea on that one, is soundcard also something that matters to you? that mobo's sound is decent enough. if you think of overclocking cpu might wanna invest in a better cooler

Edited by Jamie

4 hours ago, Jamie said:

Single 1080 is more than enough to max ultra in every game on the market with stable fps at 1080p

In 4k it's capable of doing it too, battlefront/battlefield for example runs stable at like 40fps in 4k but badly optimised games like ark/just cause 3 will struggle with a single 1080 in 4k. But those games blow anyway (i dont imagine the difference will even be noticeable with sli 1070 anyway)

edit: not sure how well that 650w will handle maybe someone else will have a better idea on that one, is soundcard also something that matters to you? that mobo's sound is decent enough. if you think of overclocking cpu might wanna invest in a better cooler

in terms of CPU cooler what do you suggest? i was thinking of slightly overclocking true (may upgrade later down the line to water cooling) however that will be a thing i wont be able to get at the start.

also the soundcard is for music related stuff, ill be getting into some music production and my brother will also have a use in that sense.

if i have to believe PCpartpicker the estimates for power draw peak at 532W (of course its a estimate) but some extra feedback on this would be appreciated.

Also the 1080 is about twice as expensive so by that logic might aswell get 2 1070's.

(remember this is that pet project ive had in my head for years and ive always wanted to do once so yes sli 1070's may be overkill but you've gotta experienced everything in life atleast once right?)

Edited by Ekitai_Hebi

gtx1080 with 650w?

My gtx690 needs 700w let alone the latest nvidia card. 

I'm not sure on SLI for double 1070's, might be a good if you fuse 1070 and 1060 to save up few cash on getting a decent CPU. I never recommend overcloacking anything if you want to have a futureproof computer for the next 20 years. 

14 minutes ago, Lurker said:

gtx1080 with 650w?

My gtx690 needs 700w let alone the latest nvidia card. 

I'm not sure on SLI for double 1070's, might be a good if you fuse 1070 and 1060 to save up few cash on getting a decent CPU. I never recommend overcloacking anything if you want to have a futureproof computer for the next 20 years. 

Power consumption has actually gone down with newer cards, power draw for a 1070 these days shouldnt be more then 200w under load.

Looking at power consumption benchmarks it sits at a comfortable spot consuming 161W (of course mileage may vary)

also cash is not a issue in this build,

and why isnt the 6700k a decent CPU im curious what your opinion on this is?

Edited by Ekitai_Hebi

6700k is a beast cpu dno what he meant, also if you overclock correctly and dont overdo it, including decent cooling then you wont run into problems and it will be stable and 'future proof'd'

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00HPX7IKU/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469235813&sr=8-1&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=be+quiet+dark+rock+pro+3&dpPl=1&dpID=41JDtUIUhBL&ref=plSrch

this is one of the better air coolers out there atm (warning, its fucking HUGE) but silent and with that case u shud have no probs for room. For water coolers, go with a corsair h100 (cheaper version) or corsair h100i v2 (expensive, thicker and stiffer pipes but higher quality. Had both of the corsair watercoolers and they both performed well :)

13 hours ago, Jamie said:

6700k is a beast cpu dno what he meant, also if you overclock correctly and dont overdo it, including decent cooling then you wont run into problems and it will be stable and 'future proof'd'

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00HPX7IKU/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469235813&sr=8-1&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=be+quiet+dark+rock+pro+3&dpPl=1&dpID=41JDtUIUhBL&ref=plSrch

this is one of the better air coolers out there atm (warning, its fucking HUGE) but silent and with that case u shud have no probs for room. For water coolers, go with a corsair h100 (cheaper version) or corsair h100i v2 (expensive, thicker and stiffer pipes but higher quality. Had both of the corsair watercoolers and they both performed well :)

thanks for the CPU cooler, using that in my build now after looking at the reviews im pleased (water cooling later down the line)

Also fuck waiting 4 months.

I ordered the parts today

Everything but my GPU's should arrive on sunday and then 1070 glory on tuesday.

FUCK I CANT WAIT HOLY SHIT EXCITED!

PICTURE TIIIME!

IM EXCITED GUYS ARE YOU EXCITED!?

CuCp12F.jpg

8Xpi7qK.jpg

This CPU cooler is fucking huge lads!

LfSV0Ae.jpg

I almost came at this point.

SRtQWA0.jpg

Closed up and dressed

laFHD2d.jpg

now just to wait for my GPU's to arrive on tuesday and slide those in and we're all set.

will update when they come in!