Sign in to follow this  
Scrobbesbyrig

New Processor for PC

Im finding loading times tedious as fuck to deal with, their some of the worst times in BF4, and I'm afraid for my computer when Battlefield 1 comes out.

Right now Im on a Intel Core i7-2700k cpu 3.50Ghz (literally copied it, I don't know anything about this stuff)

Its fucking years old, but Im hoping to get something that works well for graphics-focused games.

Plz help

Firstly:

27 minutes ago, Keiji Motori said:

Right now Im on a Intel Core i7-2700k cpu 3.50Ghz (literally copied it, I don't know anything about this stuff)

Secondly: What is your budget?

Thirdly: Why the fuck is everybody making threads for their pc parts????????????????

Edited by Brawler

Loading times are majorly affected by your Hard Drive bruh. The CPU has a very minor impact on it. Get a faster HDD or invest in an SSD for the best loading times.

System RAM is about 100 times faster than the typical hard drive, so obviously the hard drive has a very disproportionate impact on loading games. The disk storage is the bottleneck for loading games, not RAM. As long as RAM is faster than the hard drive, speeding up memory will have no impact on game load times. The system will always be waiting for data from the hard drive.

Source for above quote: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2092968/faster-memory-affect-speed-loading-games.html

1 hour ago, Mintlou said:

Since when has Brawler been the oracle for grammar and tech help? Usually he comes to the big boys (Cheesepuff and Myself) :)

Keiji, I'll have a chat with you later m8

Yeah that is very true, though I want to help so I could also build my knowledge :P

Edited by Brawler

i was the first to start this recent trend let it be known.

i inspire.

but yeh SSD is more important for you right now

however you'd still gain something from upgrading from a 2nd gen i7

Edited by Ekitai_Hebi

That 2nd gen i7 isn't too bad tho for gaming. Give it a slight overclock and you can easily use it for a year or 2. Or i would wait a few months and upgrade, because a new generation is coming up early 2017.

7 minutes ago, Ekitai_Hebi said:

but yeh SSD is more important for your right now

This. Get an SSD. Lowers the load time of games alot!