IrishChamp

Hearthstone Megathread

A lot of people have been getting into hearthstone recently. If anybody wants it I can write up a little intro to the game as well as add some free decks that you can begin to win a few games with. 

For the moment though, just post all your funny hearthstone moments, amazing packs, best/worst RNG clips in this thread.

I'll start it off with a pretty average pack I got today for spectating one of @rhyse1317's games.

xtKoIl4.jpg

I feel at the moment, Jade Druid seems really strong, and if it develops past a point, theres no stopping it. If your opponent can play a 5/5,6/6 and 7/7 for 3 mana on turn 10 its pretty much over. Key is just going face 24/7 with them. It take a really long time for them to develop a boardstate due to the priority on ramp and saving cards for a big auctioneer turn. Hit them fast and hit them hard with whatever you got and you should be ok. 

- Hearthstone gamecraft lessons with Fluxy, Room 420 Tuesdays 6:00PM- 7:00PM 

*EDIT* I also feel that Buffadin will emerge as the dominant deck of this expansion, the value that you get from each card in your mid to late game is just insane and can be unstoppable. I feel that people will learn to counter Jade Druid pretty easily in time and I have a feeling that the OP hyper aggro pirate warrior is going to get nerfed.  

Edited by Fluxy

A CThun deck is qutie strong too imo? dunno tho only tried cotnrol decks against it and havent been playing enough to know the meta too well, but yeah those fucking jade golems are OP right now but there WILL be decks that counter it. Let's see where the meta goes.

20 hours ago, Gunstar said:

A CThun deck is qutie strong too imo? dunno tho only tried cotnrol decks against it and havent been playing enough to know the meta too well, but yeah those fucking jade golems are OP right now but there WILL be decks that counter it. Let's see where the meta goes.

Renolock wins most of the time :')

Pirate Warrior also has a good chance but its a 50/50 really

edit: Actually I had a pretty good win rate with my old freeze mage deck. It counters jade druid but you got to be a bit lucky with the draws.

Edited by Blyss

2 hours ago, Blyss said:

Renolock wins most of the time :')

Pirate Warrior also has a good chance but its a 50/50 really

edit: Actually I had a pretty good win rate with my old freeze mage deck. It counters jade druid but you got to be a bit lucky with the draws.

Currently playing a bit of buff paladin and a bit of N'zoth paladin, pirate decks absolutely wreck me (I seem to lose every game) but renolock seems to be possible to beat.

Started playing Hearthstone towards the end of it's beta, started to stop when I couldn't really play decks I wanted to without either hammering it or paying ;-;

Started playing again tho, it's quite refreshing although idk what's up with 'Wild decks' Literally all of my decks are 'wild' idefk what's up with that shizz

My battle.net name is Rainbowdash#2872 (I made it like 5 years ago) .... If anyone wants to play or whatever

(Mistakes were made)

3 minutes ago, DannyS said:

Started playing Hearthstone towards the end of it's beta, started to stop when I couldn't really play decks I wanted to without either hammering it or paying ;-;

Started playing again tho, it's quite refreshing although idk what's up with 'Wild decks' Literally all of my decks are 'wild' idefk what's up with that shizz

My battle.net name is Rainbowdash#2872 (I made it like 5 years ago) .... If anyone wants to play or whatever

(Mistakes were made)

Basically; to keep the meta fresh (and to make more moneyzzz) Blizzard decided to remove any expansions over 2 years old from the Standard card set.

This means any Naxx/GvG cards can't be played in Standard mode (pretty much everyone plays standard). They left wild as a mode with all the cards to keep crybabies happy but all the tourneys and stuff are done just in standard. I'd disenchant all your Naxx/GvG cards for dust and work on making a cheapish Standard deck. TGT is the next expansion to go into Wild (not sure exactly when) so I'd avoid crafting many cards from that set.

1 hour ago, IrishChamp said:

I'd disenchant all your Naxx/GvG cards for dust and work on making a cheapish Standard deck. 

Fuck off. You are saying the £200 I spent on this game 2 years ago is worthless??

jk, It's still fun to bring my old cards out and ppl are like "wtf is that?" haha

On 06/12/2016 at 21:42, Fluxy said:

95e0778c831e5d4543b7c9f07df60f2d.jpg 

just got rekt by this on ladder.....

and this. ffs, everytime I hear that AWAOWAOWOAWOAOWAAWAWA from the Murlocs I get a lil triggered inside. But I play control decks anyway so I just laugh right back at them when I clear the board with a 4/5 mana spell. 

Edited by Gunstar