Sign in to follow this  
GingerPopper

Star Wars : Rogue One

A thread to talk about how you felt about the new movie and also a way to see other's opinions about it and to judge if its worth seeing or not. Feel free to talk about other star wars related stuff aswell.

Thread Rules : 

1. No spoilers, keep it as spoiler free as possible.

2. Don't derail the thread too much, keep it star wars.

My personal opinion is that this movie was way better than the last one, it truly felt like a star wars movie (talking about the original saga), and it didn't rely on a nostalgia factor like the last movie. The characters were well fleshed out and also that iconic star wars humour and writing were seen throughout most of the movie. There were pieces of dialoge and scenes that i felt could have been done way better and the movie took a pretty boring dip in the middle, but it quickly caught on and reinstated itself and had one of the best movie endings i've ever seen. Truly a movie worth watching, if you didn't like the last movie and are skeptical about this one, don't worry this movie managed to do star wars justice.

Just seen it for the second time today. Loved it as much second time round too! 

I feel that Force Awakenens had too much pressure and expectations put upon it for it to ever live up to the hype. I enjoyed it don't get me wrong but I didn't want to watch it again straight away like I had with R1. 

Cast is good, liked Cassian's character and blind guy a lot. Have to disagree with sniffles on the pacing though, it's definatly one of the weaker aspects of the film. Reminds me a bit of the transformers films in that regard, the first half of it is slow and disjointed really with the last half hour being absoloutly incredible. 

I also like how we can now have strong female leads in films that can stand on their own two feet and don't have to be wearing just their underwear, makes the characters pretty believable. 

Also not to spoil anything but one of my favourite aspects of R1 is the plot hole filling it does for the original trilogy without being over the top and in your face about it. 

I also love the way the force is represented in the film, although not to spoil anything I wont go too much into it. I'm thinking on writing an essay on it for personal enjoyment so people are welcome to ask me more about my thoughts if you want more in depth answers 

My thoughts:

loved the film, definitely one of my favorite star wars films out there, i thought the pacing was pretty good.

the cast was good, my favorites from the characters was definitely Cassian, Jyn, Bodi, the blind guy and the k-2S0 as he was basically just pure comic relief and it was pretty funny.

as yunk hugi said the whole plot filling thing was very well done and it got so much better as the film ended and now understanding what they say in a new hope "a lot bothans died getting this information" is the best part (tbh i can't wait to watch them all in order one day) 

the cgi was pretty good, but kinda creepy at the same time if you know what i mean.

overall its probably better than the force awakens but that was also good and now i cannot wait for number 8.

sorry if there are any spoilers (or things that are close to a spoiler) hard to discuss without going into detail.

EDIT: THIS IS WHAT I WAS ON ABOUT IN THE NEW HOPE

Edited by Stiqqy