Sign in to follow this  
The Untainted One

Two Years of OB

Today marks the end of the second year of OB for me and I'd like to say thank you to everyone in the community for making it a great two years. Thought I would sum up my experience in a forum post cause reminiscing and stuff.

Firstly, shout out to Marsh for harassing me to join OB, if you hadn't then I never would have thought about it in the first place.

Coming after the revival of OB where the main core of members (OG's) had already established a friendship group, it was a very intimidating time for me. I only knew a couple of members and wasn't the most confident of people. The first time I came on TS I probably only said about 3 words before silently lurking for the rest of the time. I quickly established a few things from my short time in TS that day:

1) Don't be the annoying JB skid you love to be

2) If someone says 'Fuck you' then say it back (Weezy taught me that one)

3) Make fun of Mintlou.

Once I had the basics of how not to be hated by the OG's, I found it a lot easier to talk on TS. It was still very awkward as there was pretty much a clear divide between OG and the newer members of the community. I often found myself switching channels to talk to different people because they refused to be in the same channel as others. After multiple discussions, interventions, channel removals/revivals and a separate TS being used, the situation today is no longer the same.

It's been fun seeing how OB has grown and become more personal, especially with newer members. I had a fantastic time meeting some of you in person and can't wait for the next one. 

Along with making a bunch of new friends, I've also met a derpy unitato who I currently live with. Somebody who I wouldn't have met without OB. She's great.

So basically I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who I've been talking, playing, memeing and trolling with for the past two years, it's been a blast.