Sign in to follow this  
Crzycharlie

Crzycharlie's Introduction

Hey charlie, welcome to the forums! Hope you are not as crazy as your name suggests... And believe me, the TS is a safe area on our part of the internet :spooky:

4 hours ago, UnSeen said:

Not sure if people should be warning him against coming on TS due to their content or get a reality check and mold their content based on who's around so that we welcome more people :hmm:

Are you legit asking me, a 26 year old Russell Group graduate, to guarantee that my topics of conversation are appropriate and comprehensible to an eleven year old?

Also crzycharlie, nothing against you. I'm sure you're a really nice lad, and I'd be happy for you to hop onto TS, but we are all at least nineteen, with most of us over twenty, so there is a big age gap. Just a heads up my man.

Edited by VENGA BUS

1 hour ago, VENGA BUS said:

Are you legit asking me, a 26 year old Russell Group graduate, to guarantee that my topics of conversation are appropriate and comprehensible to an eleven year old?

Also crzycharlie, nothing against you. I'm sure you're a really nice lad, and I'd be happy for you to hop onto TS, but we are all at least nineteen, with most of us over twenty, so there is a big age gap. Just a heads up my man.

He can always come talk to me since I'm one of the least mature on the team speak and couldn't give a shit about age difference 

2 hours ago, VENGA BUS said:

Comprehensible? Not particularly, though if you are genuinely saying that you use the peak of your capabilities as a 'Russel Group graduate' to converse with the majority of Outbreak then I'm surprised anyone, apart from maybe Wist, would be able to follow most of what you say.

Appropriate in terms of certain words/phrases that are being used, that arguably wouldn't be suitable regardless of age but have recently been used out of hand to the point where certain individuals genuinely believe some people hold the views that they incite with their choice of words (even though said views would be very dated and hold no place in this community).

A kid on the internet over the age of 10 will have been exposed to a fair amount, perhaps there would still be some conversations that might push the boundaries but it's very easy to pick certain times and company for that. The kind of thing I was more referring to is the kind of stuff that isn't really acceptable at all in Outbreak but for a time it has been let off loose when regarded in certain company/context as just pure humour - but when those companies/contexts seem to become irrelevant to the people spouting said 'humour' it stops making our TS a place to welcome people of any background, age, intelligence etc.

There were plenty of people aged above 18 to mid 20s back in a time where our content was open to people of all ages and yet still was able to maintain a mature conversation, I see no reason why there can't be mature and playful discussion/vibes which don't take it to the excess that someone should blanket avoid TS due to 'innocence'.

Just my chip on it, I don't disagree with what you are saying. I wouldn't want to censor or stop people saying their own thing for laughs - but when I read Mintlou's 'for your own safety' and actually kind of agreed when thinking about some contexts, it made me sad that it should even be a thing. The thing I loved about OB is that it didn't matter about all that other shamble, you had something in common so you could converse and get on with people who would be polar opposites IRL. I know this is just one case but I wouldn't want it to continue to a state where we start losing that.

to be fair, it's entirely OP's decision whether he wants to sit in a channel full of people. younguns have come on ts in the past and found their own group of people to integrate with.

imagine lunch hall at school, that's all this is - with mods being the lunchtime assistants.